Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Shadow

Everyone in their lifetime experiences bad incidents at least once,
that bring pain and suffering.
My incidents have become my shadow.
As I grow older, it grows in numbers.
Wherever I go, it is sure to follow.
Haunted of he visions of these incidents pass before my eyes,
causing me to re-live each painful moment.
New tears form remembering all the ones before.
My heart, as well as my body, have suffered in unmeasurable ways.
Pretending to be strong and hide my past and fearing so much...
It happening again
The pain returning
Losing those I care for
Losing my identity
Being alone forever
How will people view me knowing what’s happened?
Will they not want anything to do with me?
Why am I in this position?
What did I do to deserve what I’ve experienced?
Why should I be viewed differently for someone else’s crimes?
So many questions like those enter my mind.
No answers to any...only more questions
A tortured soul still lays hidden, aching to be released from this
anguish.
Playing a great role to hide my true feelings of pain.
My life has changed.
I’ve grown, matured and come to deal.
But alas, that doesn’t mean the last of my pain and suffering for my
heart is broken and mangled.
My past is my shadow and always will be.
My heart will never be whole for the shadow continues to grow,
because bad luck follows this tortured soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home